Our Team Development Program’ is designed to improve the three areas needed to become a better team; technically, tactically and athletically.
Technical Training focuses on improving members of the team technically by improving each player’s;
- First Touch (ball control), how to receive the ball using different parts of their body depending on the situation.
- Ball Skills, ‘Fast Feet’,’ Freestyle’ and Juggling to help in developing self-confidence on the ball.
- Passing, to feet and into space using both the inside and the outside parts of the foot, a crucial element of the game that is often overlooked.
- Dribbling, to create opportunities in the attacking third of the field. Learning how to maneuver your body and the ball to get past a defender.
- Shooting & Striking the ball, focusing on the kicking technique such as the correct stance, angle of kicking foot, planting of the non-kicking foot, the follow through, position of the head and the rotation of the hips.
- Heading, both defensive and attacking headers using the correct part of the forehead and the technique of how to create more power or cushion the ball to control.
Tactical Training will focus on utilizing the team’s technical skills in game situations. The benefits of ‘tactical sessions’ are that players should then understand their role in any of the plays performed during practice and be able to carry them out during games. Should an error occur during a game then people can be accountable and corrections can be applied to ensure that the team does not experience it again. Continuous practice creates a mental template for the players allowing them to recover what they’ve worked on during training and apply it under the pressure of a game environment.
Fitness Training is an important component of our team training, as today’s game requires all soccer players to be at their peak athletically in order to achieve their maximum playing potential.
Please enter the number of players participating in this program in the quantity field. 10 player minimum.